We currently aren’t running our hackerspace activities on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month at 7:30 in City of Edinburgh Methodist Church. We think we’ll resume something like that soon, though. Mostly what we’re doing is in pairs in church buildings on the engineering side, apart from Dimitri’s hot wire anemometry.
Recent hackerspace sessions are focusing on temperature and humidity logging and visualization; a black globe thermometer-based device to convey thermal comfort, shaped like a person; and an interactive map showing our interventions. Contact info AT heathack DOT org if you would like more details.
Past events (besides the Tuesday night sessions):
- Christ Church holiday club session about the science of light, 29 July 2014 (their topic, our equipment, …)
- explanation of project during breaks during the Scientists in Congregations Scotland Conference for grant-holders, 23-24 August 2014
- the Wardie Parish Church Energy Fair on Saturday, 6 September 2014 [poster only]
- The Methodist Church in Scotland, Autumn Synod, 13 Sep 2014 [stall]
- Christ Church Morningside, 21 Sep 2014 [stall with demos]
- Edinburgh Doors Open Day at City of Edinburgh Methodist Church, 28 September 2014 12:30-4
- the build a black globe thermometer hacking challenge – Friday, 14 November 2014, 1:30-5, City of Edinburgh Methodist Church, 25 Nicolson Square with an optional introductory lecture on Tuesday, 11 November at 10:00, University of Edinburgh King’s Buildings – Hudson Beare Building, Classroom 4.
- stall at St Peters Lutton Place, Sunday 25 January 2015.
- The Shrove Tuesdays Balloon Trials to measure heat stratification and look at air flow and heat loss – Tuesday, 17 February 2015 at Christ Church Morningside.
- Informatics Jamboree – afternoon of 27 March – HeatHack information here
- the Edinburgh Science Festival Mini-Maker Faire on 19 April
- Heart and Soul (Church of Scotland public event), Princes Street Gardens, 17 May
- Beltane’s Voyage of Discovery, 26 May, Out of the Blue Drill Hall
- Edinburgh University Fresh Week “Church Search” on 13 September
- Edinburgh University’s Societies Fair (in the Sustainability Tent), 16-17 September (static display, sometimes with us there)
- The Gathering, City of Edinburgh Methodist Church, 23 September
- Doors Open Day on 26 September at Christ Church Morningside
- 50 Shades of Green, at the Pearce Institute in Govan, on 6 October
- a stall and hands-on activity for the Methodist circuit on 27 October (12:30-3)
- Citizen Science for Community Engagement, at the National Museum of Scotland Auditorium (Level 1), 24 November 12:30-3:30
- Two Innovative Learning Week events “School of HeatHack” (Monday 15 Feb) and “Adventures in U Values – Modelling Heat Loss is Kid’s Stuff” (Thursday 18 Feb)